Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Montessori Activities

This is A showing of her nature collection! She found pinecones, pine needles, leaves , acorns and small pine and oak trees! We had just spent the morning reading about all of these!

Do you have a basement full of old baby food jars, just waiting to be used? We used 4 for color mixing. A used a dropper to then mix the primary colors and get secondary colors! She loves science!


This is A doing an activity from the library. We have an awesome resource room with lots of montessori materials. This box and all the wooden cards would normally cost me about $80! I get it free. I can only keep it a month, but she's usually bored with it by then, anyway

This is a preschool activity that I found online somewhere. I went to Lowes and got some of their FREE paint chips and then bought some of the mini clothespins in the craft section at Walmart. I colored a section of the clothespin to match the colors and A has to clip the clip to the card that it matches! So far she has learned, purple, orange, and yellow!


Well, now for pictures of our montessori adventure! I have gleaned sooooo much from other blogger's who post pics of their montessori activities! My 15 year old told me that I needed a blog so that I could document things and it not take so long! Thanks Ash! Anyways, here is my 1st grader, learning to use the smelling jars! The tray is a Melissa and Doug tray from something that we no longer use and the jars came from a little flea market up the street! They were actually part of a brandnew spice rack ( I gave $4) I filled 6 of the jars with herbs and the other six were their matches. She only missed one on the first try! Then, she wanted to do it again with me!













0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 The Haphazzard Housewife. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net | Blogger Styles | Balance Transfer Credit Cards
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase