Monday, August 31, 2009

I saw this.....

And then I saw this....... I knew it had to be bad. I cleaned some of it up before I took the picture. The phone rang, and the two year old had glue everywhere!




This is one of our new baby kittens. They don't even have their eyes open yet. This is the kind of "school" that I like. They learn sooo much from just observing nature.






This is Big A doing her phonogram booklets. Surprisingly, she enjoyed these! She worked on this for about 30 minutes and then decided to move to something else. They are very simple to make. You just make up a little booklet with 3 or four pages and write a phonogram on the outside. The child then has to think of words that have that phonogram in them and give a try at spelling it in the book. If they get it wrong, make a note of it and incorporate it in another lesson.




This is little A, doing her color matching cards from http://www.montessoriforeveryone.com I love this little store. We will be utilizing lots from her.






I got these wonderful manipulatives at Childcareland.com. They were quite challenging at first becasue she not only had to match the color, but the number of shapes as well. Visit my lovely links in the side bar to get these! They're free!





I got this idea from Chasing Cherrios! She called it "Muffin tin Monday". This was a big hit! I had chocolate rice cakes, carrot curls with raisins, mandarin oranges, nuts, and cheese and cracker. A ate her cheese before I could snap the picture. The idea behind this, at least for us, is that I make up these trays and put them on their montessori shelves and by the end of the day they have to have eaten everything in the cups. This way I know they are getting part of their daily 4.... or five of the food pyramid. How many are there now? I really wish they wouldn't change that stuff! I still haven't gotten used to the fact that Pluto is no longer considered a planet. My husband and I were discussing how to change the mneumonic, last night. What do you say?.... "My new machine just showed us nine....what" We finally decided to just say " Mynew machine just showed us ....nothing." Cheap machine. hee hee.







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 The Haphazzard Housewife. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net | Blogger Styles | Balance Transfer Credit Cards
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase