Friday, March 25, 2011

Here are some neat products and some random happenings around our house!

Well, here's the deal. I take pictures of my kids and their schoolwork, everyday.  I have always had the intention of starting a blog and maintaining a blog, but........ well, ya know, life gets in the way sometimes.  We have to prioritize.  I loved Erica's post over at http://www.confessionsofahomeschooler.com/!   I, was one of those recent emailers who had asked her how in the world she did it all! :O)  She set me straight immediately! LOL  Thank you Erica!  So, these are pictures from a while back and some are from yesterday.  Hope you enjoy the ideas!


First up is this great little find that I discovered at a discount bookstore.  They are puzzle boards that have a dry erase surface.  They're great for my preschooler's box!  She can practice handwriting by tracing the letter and then there are things that start with that letter on the card.  The last activitiy is the the puzzle of the letter. Easch puzzle is 4 pieces. and there is a faint print of the puzzle below the pieces to help encourage them so that there's not so much frustration if they can't figure it out. 




I was brainstorming the other day about things we could do together that I could frame.  I came up with this little project.  I sat down with my preschooler and a piece of white cardstock.  I then told her to think of something she wanted to draw.  She drew it and then I drew something to go along with it.  We both took turns, working off what the other had drawn and then we took turns coloring it.  We ended up with a pretty picture that we both contributed to.  I dated it and put momma and her name on the back.  She thought that was loads of fun! Hey, for those of you who are trying to see what I drew and what she drew, you probably won't tell much difference.  I can't even draw stick people.  I have no idea where my 13 and 8 year old artist, got their talent!??????




Next up, is the FUN way to memorize Bible Verses!  Do you remember those Rebus Rhymes in  the Highlights Magazines?  These are kind of the same thing.  They are printed full color on stiff cardstock!  If I had been smart, I would have laminated all of them anyway so that my grandkids would have them someday!



Then, there's these great little books that I found at Office Depot or Office Max, I forgot which one.  It's a sticker collage book.  It has pictures of various things.  You peel off the paper and the surface is like a sticker.  She then cuts up pieces of construction paper and she can "color" the picture with those.  I like the NO GLUE part of it.  For some reason, she can make the BIGGEST mess with a tiny bit of glue.  She's become irrtated lately if she gets it on her fingers, so this little book works out great!




Last of all is a couple of pics from our last snow!  I know, I know, there's no sno in the pictures, but we started a crazy tradition last winter and we  just think it's fun.  My kids got a sturdy, canvas tent (teepee) last year for Christmas.  The first snow we had, they decided they wanted to take it out on the porch (in 15 degree weather) and read books and pretend they were pioneers!  So, I let them try it and needless to say, they got the full experience of the miserable cold and dampness that pioneers felt on cold days and nights!  Sooooo, I put on my thinking cap and ran walmart and found those can of heat, burners that are in the camping department!  This was perfect!  We sat it on a plate and discussed safety first and then we brought out the marshmallows and fondue forks and roasted them over the can of heat!  (My brother in law came up with that one!)  The gel in the burner, burns clean and it kept the tent nice and toasty!  We stayed out there a couple of hours and with blankets and pillows and our hotchocolate, we had loads of fun!  We didn't even have to wear shoes! So the next time your kids  say it's too cold to go out, go find a can of heat and a good book and spend some quality time with them!  They'll always remember it!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 The Haphazzard Housewife. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net | Blogger Styles | Balance Transfer Credit Cards
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase