Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Science Trays!

Here is the Science Tray Curriclum for all those workboxers who wanted it.  Keep checking in, as I will make improvements and additions to this curriculum in the future.  I will also be adding pics of our science trays as we do them!  Please leave comments as to how you are liking it or disliking it, so that I can tweak it if necessary.  There is always room for improvement!  Thanks!

Here's the Link below

Science Trays Science Curriculum Grades Pre-K to 3rd Grade

Here is our first box that we did yesterday with my 2nd grader.  The little mini spice jars were a fleamarket find for 2 bucks.  Got the spice rack, too and they had never been opened!  We have used those things for smelling jars and multiple other things! The tray came from Walmart.  I need to paint it, but haven't got any paint, yet.


Next, she filled the jars with dirt from my boxes and put in the seeds



She added seeds and used a turkey baster to water them.


She then labeled them with her best "2nd grade" spelling and voila!  We sat them in a window. 


5 comments:

Zelda said...

Love this idea for seeds.

We did a cool science tray last week - magnetic and non-magnetic.
it's on http://homeschoolescapade.blogspot.com

Other good ones we have lined up are floating and conducting electricity (don't panic - just a small lightbulb and battery set)

Unknown said...

What a neat idea. thank you for sharig.

Sunroom Journeys! said...

Thank you for sharing. I think we just might start our science tray tomorrow.

Danielle said...

Super cute!

...danielle

Unknown said...

Love this idea... Especially with spring coming... I am going to rummage through our tool shed and see what I can find to create this.. I know I have some small jars the boys can use...

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 The Haphazzard Housewife. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net | Blogger Styles | Balance Transfer Credit Cards
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase